Monday, November 26, 2007

nas

i remember buying/paying money for this cd and taking it to school to listen to in between classes, or in classes and letting a boy named Lamar hold it.. and LOSING it.. this was my fav album from nas
Stillmatic


i was in new york the day before God's Son dropped.. i bought the bootleg in china town :] then road the subway just to put it in my cd player & sit and listen.. i came back home and bought a mens small black long sleeve shirt, and printed an iron on of the album cover for the shirt..can u see it?
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
lol smh.. My english teacher asked if i could make him one..lol. When we graduated seniors we we're allowed a quote in the year book, lol i quoted something from this track
God's Son


i remember the first time i heard this.. smh i was in new york again walking with my mp3 this time listening to hot97 while my aunts we're buying fake pocketbooks.. i forget where we we're but their we're plenty of jamaicans on each corner taking you upstairs to look at stuff. I was so in love with the song, i just wanted them to keep playing the beginning



Fast foward to now-a-days, i liked this album, this was my favorite track.
"How high was I? You the thousandth guy
That came around thinkin we can see, eye to eye
We on a different echelon..."
HHID


cory and richard i'd like to thank for raising me right, lol
i was really into nas awhile back, he's still one of my favorites, and my all time favorite
whew..old nas.. this post is really taking me straight down memory lane..


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only shirt I have of a cd is the Nas Illmatic cover..Classic shit.U just might be ok ladie.

Mr.Ray said...

Good post! I like the shirt! I had a "It Was Written" cover T-Shirt. My boys thought I was stupid. They was buggin. I thought it was a classic to me. Im glad you posted this!

Anonymous said...

GreatPost.Nas is one of the greatest emcees to ever touch the mic. Some friends laughed at him when "I can" came out.I thought the joint was inspirational. he has always been diverse.People say he's a hypocrite.His work shows the contradictions in a human being. Thats real shit.
I think Lost Tapes is one of the best albums. check it out. peace.

thE oLd SouL said...

I love how music cab be connected with our lives. My memory of stillmatic comes with being in 8th Grade and talking about Ether and whole battle with Jay. That was the hot topic out of class and sometimes inside. Road To Zion is my favorite track from "Welcome 2 Jamrock," Still Dreaming" is up there as some of my favorite HHID tracks, and I think people over look "God's Son" as having some classic Nas material (outside of Made You Look) Tracks like Last Real Nigga Alive, I Can, and Heaven are crazy. I did like Hey Nas as well.

Anonymous said...

"as a music dude i mastered this rubix cube"

2nd childhood is one of my favorite nas joints. stillmatic in my top 20 albums for sure..

Unknown said...

i have an unfathomable love for nas and anything he's ever put out.. and you're the best for dedicating this post to him.. there's just something about his lyrics that touch everyone.. we all have our favorites.. till this day, i still get goosebumps when i hear "it ain't hard to tell".. i wish i could get that feeling again.. kudos to you ma'am..!

h.e.r.fection said...

:)
<3

Anonymous said...

Stillmatic is a rap album that will always take me back because it was one the first albums that i listened to from beginning to end from a ny artist. it changed my perspective and inspired to learn the past of hip hop and really get into things i didnt know about and ONE MIC made nas my favorite rapper at the time....he's still one my favorites to this day...but being in 8th grade taling about ether......it was crazy

Felix Flores, Jr. said...

loving your nas memories. took me back to when i was doing that illmatic arm dance when i was in high school.

just for you...check out this nas post.
Nas and Unreleased joints


iknowtheledge.com - you already know!