Saturday, October 20, 2007

The name of Nas's LP

"Ni**er" hits stores Dec. 11th
(minus the **)



"I wanna make the word easy on mutha----as' ears," he explained. "You see how white boys ain't mad at 'cracker' 'cause it don't have the same [sting] as 'nigger'? I want 'nigger' to have less meaning [than] 'cracker.' With all the bullsh-- that's going on in the world, racism is at its peak. I wanna do the sh-- that's not being done. I wanna be the artist who ain't out. I wanna make the music I wanna hear.


"We're taking power [away] from the word," he added. "No disrespect to none of them who were part of the civil-rights movement, but some of my n---as in the streets don't know who [civil-rights activist] Medgar Evers was. I love Medgar Evers, but some of the n---as in the streets don't know Medgar Evers, they know who Nas is. And to my older people who don't now who Nas is and who don't know what a street disciple is, stay outta this mutha----in' conversation. We'll talk to you when we're ready. Right now, we're on a whole new movement. We're taking power [away] from that word."



for more.. http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1572287/20071018/nas.jhtml

8 comments:

n.why said...

I'm honestly anxious about this album ..he's trying to make the world go round..and that's the reason I love and appreciate him so much.One of a kind artist, one of a kind rapper and...definitely still a steadily fresh piece to an old puzzle.

One Love

Nothings equivalent to that Nas state of mind...

h.e.r.fection said...

:D

Dee-Is-Hip-Hop said...

ok...when i heard this was going to be the name of his album i didn't believe it...this is going to be another piece of art...Nas always have sumthing up his sleeve...i can't wait to hear the album then it will further explain why he named his LP this...thanks again 4 the info...keep me updated...peace & luv...ONe

Anonymous said...

I'm on the fence abou tthe title, simply because there are a lot of idiots out there who won't bother to search for any deeper meaning.

Still, I'm a Nas fan, so I'll buy the album no matter what he decides to title it. I look forward to hearing what he's got to say.

thE oLd SouL said...

this is going to be VERRRRRRRRYY intresting. Fox News is going to have a field day with this shit. But I understand why Nas is doing this.

h.e.r.fection said...

yeah leon.. same thing.. nobody is gonna look further into why it's titled that

Unknown said...

Sticks and Stones may break my bones but "N**es" will never hurt me!! I can feel the approach of desensitizing of the word but for those who are older it still stings I can understand that. But me being a fan of Nas I already know what this album is going to be about and this is the best way to get our young black/minorities attention along with the world. This is a movement in the making!!! "One day We'll all see who the profit is!"(c)NAS

--The Gift

Anonymous said...

I love nas he's my favorite rapper but I honestly don't think he can take the wierd feeling away that you get when a caucasion says nigga or nigger. But i'll definitley get the album tho.I don't even really like Sharpton like that but i understand his statement as well.