Monday, October 29, 2007

DJ Akalepse





this is long over due.. but i've just had a chance to listen to all of what was sent to me.
Right before the summer i had the pleasure of staying in BK for about a week.. in that week i went to a lounge called "APT" that i'll never forget. Being from the south i've never experienced something like that place. Beautiful it was.. besides the people and the vibe you could feel from everybody, i was intrigued by the music.

The company i'm with goes to say hey to the DJ (i was suprised yet glad he knew him), and i'm still sitting down watching everyone while listening to this crazy blend the dj is spinning. I am so involved with what he's playing i lose myself for a minute. I am So happy to be where i was right then, that moment was forever. He's playing everything, lol.. i asked what his name was to my friend and make sure to remember that name.
I tell him how moving his music was, how i loved what he chose to play, and how it made me feel and that that evening had made my trip to ny the best visit yet. He tells me thanks and later that he needed to hear that..


he tells me he wants me to listen to some of his stuff, analyze it, and share it.. of course i'd be more than happy to and almost honored! Suprisingly this was before i had started Herfection...
Eventually switching info, i recieve a package the other week from Truth & Soul, finding out it was some of DJ Akalepse's music.. :D
he sent a few copies.. if i we're more popular i'd do some cool give away thing lol..





his myspace is just there.. he doesn't gas it up.. it's the quiet ones you should worry about :o]
http://www.myspace.com/akalepse


but for now! Please go and check him out on http://www.truthandsoulrecords.com/
and click the first banner (the brown one) to listen to his podcast, 45 minutes of grace.. your ears will thank you for it


4 comments:

elizabeth said...

akalepse that is..

anywho, i bet your vibing and since you know me you should i think your popular so give me a cool giveaway!

Anonymous said...

It brings me great joy to see somebody so in touch with music these days, it always inspires me to keep on doing it...

h.e.r.fection said...

the same inspiration you get from knowing that i'm listening is the same inspiration i get for knowing you took the time to read my thoughts.. lets keep this going 8)

GASD said...

love from gas'd to akalepse, keep playing that conscience music