Tuesday, October 9, 2007

jay z touring

"the game's f**ked up
ni**a's beats is banging, ni**a your hooks did it
your lyrics didn't and your gangster look did it
so I would write it if y'all could get it.."


“What I really plan to do is shoot [American Gangster, the album] as a movie. Like a better ‘Streets is Watching.’”. “Doing it like a musical. Real stories and get somebody in there that’s [going do to]…real writing. Someone to shoot it like ‘Godfather.’ I know that’s a little ungracious, but that’s how you gotta place it to get somewhere near.”

And, when asked if he planned to act in this movie.. “Yeah, yeah. I mean, who else gonna do that s**t?”

“I really look forward to touring, because of the music…the musicality of it all. I’m looking at a band right now. I’m looking to tour this summer. With all that instrumentation that’s in that album, forget about it. Forget about it,” he says trailing off."

for more http://allhiphop.com/blogs/features/archive/2007/10/08/18703929.aspx



The American Gangster track list according to the iTunes Music Store:

1. Amen
2. Blue Magic
3. Untitled
4. Alright, Alright
5. You Don’t Know
6. And The Winner Is
7. American Gangster (Featuring T.I.)
8. Welcome
9. Ignorant Shit
10. The Demise
11. I Get Money (Remix)


this fri. new york

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

forgive me if i'm wrong, but didn't kanye say that he was doing his stuff like a movie? that twista song... don't tell me big brother is following little brother...

Anonymous said...

Yeah for the Black Album, in 'Fade To Black' Kanye elaborated on that metaphor.

I still think that College Dropout was the best made concept album in a while.

Can't wait for AG.

Samantha Marie said...

im IN THERE: sneakerpimps ny