Tuesday, September 11, 2007

nas album


Nas says he's definitely coming out with a brand-new album this year. It's '07, "The God Year," according to the legendary MC, so there's no better time to release new material — even if he's still reveling in how he ended last year.

"I celebrated having another #1 album in the country," he said of his last LP, Hip Hop Is Dead. "I was on the Virgin Islands on New Year's Day, I got the news I had another #1 album. I think I made some heads turn. I did my thing: no radio. Not much radio spins. Now I wanna have fun with the radio. I'll still try to reach for a higher ground and come sometime in December.

"I'm really into [the idea of having] a summer album," he added. "But they say the fourth quarter is for big dogs. I been doing the fourth quarter for years, so I guess I'm at home in the fourth."

Esco is already halfway done with the project, and he expects to have the first music from the album hit in October.

more on MTV mixtapes
http://www.mtv.com/bands/m/mixtape_monday/091007/?rsspartner=rssMozilla

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

first!
can't wait for that new nas album.. that's what i like to see consistancy.. he ususally never come sout back to back in terms of yearly.. was there ever a hustlerz video ft. the game? i wasn't too impressed with the rush hour single him and cee-lo had...hopefully this album doesn't get pushed back to 2008..