Tuesday, August 14, 2007

my greatest enemy is my inner me

mm must say it felt good not to reasearch and post for a couple days.. lol but moving on, thank you all ALOT for the love on the interview. I think i'll continue to do more.. just have to get in the mood to edit lol. Shout out to J.a.m.e.s. extremely talented past his music make sure you guys stay tuned in with him.. your ears will thank you for it http://www.myspace.com/thegameneedsjames

Champion -Kanye West (live)


Tracklist update for "Graduation"
1. Good Morning
2. Champion
3. Stronger
4. I Wonder
5. Good Life (featuring T-Pain)
6. Can’t Tell Me Nothing
7. Barry Bonds (featuring Lil Wayne)
8. Drunk & Hot Girls (featuring Mos Def)
9. Flashing Lights (featuring Dwele)
10. Everything I Am
11. The Glory
12. Homecoming
13. Big Brother

mi amor


"Originally slated for an October 30 release, Lupe Fiasco told Billboard.com that his sophomore LP, The Cool, has been pushed back until November 20.
Lupe also stated that he is working on the album now with 1st & 15th producers Pro and Soundtrack as well as Pharrell and Kanye West.

Lupe also let it be known that Kanye, Pharrell and himself are deciding whether or not to release an album as the supergroup CRS (Child Rebel Soldiers). Their first and only song, US Placers, was premiered on Kanye West’s mixtape, Can’t Tell Me Nothing. One last startling fact that Lupe revealed is that he is growing tired of making music and that he might retire after his third LP.

"I'm just wearing down," he admits. "I'm never doing mixtapes again, not even Internet ones. My whole energy for making hip-hop music is slowing down. I've been doing it for seven years. I still don't think I'm famous. I'll do what I have to do to promote my next album, but I'm not enthused about doing seven albums. I'll do my three, and then I am going to keep moving to the next phase of life and maybe grow trees."




what do i think? not sure.. i think he thinks his rapping talent will die out.. nothing last forever, (eminem) but of course no one would say that when planning to retire. I heard T.I. say he knows he won't have it forever so he's just trying to give what he's got while he can. Then again.. lupe sounds a little frustrated with his listeners "i still don't think i'm famous"..? I have to say i saw him perform this year, and he has a bit of an attitude, he can be saucy especially if you say something he doesn't agree with.. he was rude to a kid in the crowd.. just wanted to be smart, it made me mad; that kid could have driven awhile as i did to see him perform, anywho..
Lupe is a genius though..if he could kick with hip hop for 10 years we'd be great.. but i'm down with whatever he decides.. BUT i'd love him to stay for awhile!!




"Finally arriving a year later than scheduled, Ear Drum is Talib Kweli's Warner Bros. debut. It spots collaborations with UGK, Kanye West, KRS-One, Norah Jones, Strong Arm Steady, Justin Timberlake, Raheem DeVaughn, and Musiq Soulchild. Release Date: August 21"



"Barry Bonds" all my guy friends love this song.. like repeat it daily love it.. i love ye's verse though, i'm tired of wayne.

konichiwa

"i done played the underdog my whole career
i've been a very good sport, haven't i this year?
they say he goin crazy, and we seen this before
but i'm doin pretty good as far as genius's go
and i'm doin pretty hood in my pink polo

and the flow just hit code red
top 5 emcees you ain't gotta remind me
top 5 emcees you gotta rewind me.
i'm high up in the line you could get behind me
but my head so big YOU CAN'T SIT BEHIND ME"

loool





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't Barry Bonds sue these niggas for using his name on a song lol?

thE oLd SouL said...

that line of "my head of so big, you can't sit behind me had me rollin. For the last 24 hours, I just kept repeating that line and laughing to myself.

thE oLd SouL said...

that line of "my head of so big, you can't sit behind me had me rollin. For the last 24 hours, I just kept repeating that line and laughing to myself.