Tuesday, July 31, 2007

smh.. MTVs Top 10 Emcees

"MTV has designed a list of the top ten hottest MCs in the game - according to them. Comprised of Tuma Basa, Sway Calloway, Joseph Patel and many others, this is the list that they came up with:

1. Lil Wayne 2. T.I. | 3. The Game | 4. Andre 3000 | 5. Kanye West
6. Young Jeezy | 7. Jay-Z | 8. 50 Cent | 9. Common | 10. Jim Jones"



QUALITY over quanity forget all those tracks wayne drops, he gets ignorant after awhile and says things that aren't even relevent. and there IS a difference between gangster rap and hip hop..atleast to me. "i be pimpin them hoes, i be workin them bi***es".. This is such a touchy subject but i'm not feeling the order, and i'm assuming they're referring to whos the top 10 for this time period.. has to be

I actually do*pause*did like capital w when i listened to that type of music. i Loveeed 500 degreez. And his mixtapes really are entertaining, but i'm over wayne and what he raps about..
and i stayed hip with him for awhile after the first couple of mixtapes..dedication 1, 2, 3, suffix, prefix..etc, whew. i actually enjoyed it, especially the Beats! It was more so though for me to be able to say what i thought about a verse he said when i got around people who thought they knew music, like the kids at school/college.. so i could earn respect somewhat so my opinion would count..

but in the midst of all of that i got tired of the trash i was feeding myself and decided to move to a more conscience type of rap..that music is not appropriate for a young lady i don't think either anymore, just decided to move away from that

i'd love to create my own panel of judges and we say who's today's top 10 hip hop artist.. :o)

COMMON is here. i applaued all of you who waited for the real deal to drop..

"she said don't break my heart"

"it's a blessin..it's a gift"

5 comments:

thE oLd SouL said...

Keyword... MTV. They NEVER get it right. Although I listen to exactly half of the artists on this list (T.I in bits and pieces though), when you make a list of TOP MCs and start with Jim Jones, you lose me automatically. Having Jim Jones on this list or ANY LIST is straight up Hip-Hop blasphemy.

And yeah, my local FYE opens in 1 hour, as soon as I have my meeting with one of my clients, I'm picking up my reserve copy. I never reserve CDs, but it came with a free poster of the album cover, so I had to cop it.

Unknown said...

i co-sign what joe budden says. check xxlmag blogs.

Agostinho said...

That list is probably one the worst i've seen.

Anonymous said...

an actual freestyle...dope

Anonymous said...

I guess they played it safe by naming the list Hottest Rappers Right Now. Wayne is doing a little something right now, so I'll give him his credit. T.I.'s album is garbage. I heard someone on the panel say that he'd just put out a hot ablum. It's garbage, and I'm no longer a fan. Fifty's trying too hard right now...never been a fan, but I'll admit that he's always came w/ pop songs that play well on radio. He's having trouble with that now. That new one w/ Timberlake gets two thumbs down. Jim Jones being on a top ten list is srtaight COMEDY. Wayne is the hottest rapper right now...not the best on the list. Go get Finding Forever!